This was a new one to me and I was dubious about how this would be for dinner. It was a very rich and flavorful meal with the addition of sage and onions. I have to say I am completely fulfilled with my 5 day vegetable only dinners. I am really not missing the meat at all. Try it! A great way to work on adding in all those essential vitamins and minerals.
What You Need:
- 1 whole acorn squash (cut in half and seeded)
- 2 large portabello mushrooms (scaled and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 an onion (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
What You Do:
- Place halved and cleaned acorn squash on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven set to 450 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Saute mushrooms and onion together in olive oil until all liquid has evaporated.
- Spray with Pam and place reduced mushrooms and onions in center.
- Continue baking in the oven for 10 more minutes.
I am going to ramble about this at some of these fun parties.