Time to eat our vegetables again. I created this dish for the Alphabet Challenge. This challenge is organized and coordinated by Brenda at Meal Planning Magic. What a great idea! This is where on or around the 15th of each month I will publish vegetable recipes and share them at the link party with other bloggers. If you are interested in joining us you can find out more here.
I picked the letter C for cauliflower. Cauliflower is very popular right now. I have learned many, many new ways to make it. I got this one and changed it just a little from the Healthy Foodie. I can’t be as healthy as she can so I added this avocado cream to it (its kind of healthy).
I got nutritional information about cauliflower here: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2390/2 Cauliflower per cup has 25 calories, 30mg of sodium, 5g of carbohydrates and 2g of protein.
What You Need:
- Half a large head of cauliflower
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 whole eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup of flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup of raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne powder
- Olive Oil for frying
- Arugula or salad for serving
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of almond or soy milk
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of hot sauce
What You Do:
- Break cauliflower into small pieces into the food processor.
- Pulse until small granules form.
- Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients through cayenne powder.
- In a non-stick skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Grab about 1/4 cup of mixture and gently form into a patty.
- Place in heated skillet.
- Cook 4 or 5 at a time depending on the size of your skillet. About 2-3 minutes a side.
- Keep finished cakes warm in the oven while finishing the rest.
- Serve over chopped arugula or salad.
- Add avocado, ranch mix, cilantro, hot sauce and lime juice to the food processor.
- Process until thoroughly minced and combined.
- Gradually mix in the almond or soy milk to desired consistency.
Check out the link party below (must be registered to enter) and don’t forget to check out the Eating the Alphabet Pinterest board. There you can keep track of all the recipes that are added month-to-month but also find new recipes from last year too. What’s your favorite fruit, vegetable, grain or legume that starts with the letter C or D?
I am going to ramble about this at some of these fun parties.