I love the sights, sounds, smells and feel of spring. Everything is fresh and new again. My old fashioned rose is excited too. It is blooming more and more every day. Memorial Day is this weekend, and just like that the heat is on. Here comes summer!
We are finally getting some good strawberries here in the stores. So I proceeded to use some of those in some muffins for Sunday morning breakfast. These little muffins are not real sweet to taste but they are sweet to see.
These can be served dusted with powdered sugar or served plain.
What You Need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 extra large egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon butter flavoring
- 4-5 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup diced strawberries + 2 tablespoons sugar
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl lightly beat the egg.
- Add the milk, flavorings, oil and food coloring to the egg and combine.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix just to combine.
- Fold in the strawberries which have been macerating in the sugar.
- Fill the muffins cups abut ¾ full and bake for 15 – 18 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to rest in the tin for 5-8 minutes and remove to a rack to cool.
I am going to ramble about this at some of these fun parties.